Monday, July 16, 2012

Greetings Good Friend: To Mrs. D. Abel, Toledo, IA




[postmarked] Vining, Ia


[to] Mrs. D. Abel, 
Toledo, Ia

Dear Mamma, Just rec'd your card and am so glad you are feeling better but am afraid you will do too much work to be sick again.  We had quite a rain here & looks as tho' more might come.  I have 26 chicks & 2 more eggs to hatch out of 33 eggs.  Isn't that pretty good?  I don't believe we will be up Sun. but we might but if it is so I can I am coming up next week.  Do you think we could clean house or will there be work with the men there.  I wish you could come down here June 1st during the day any way.  How many chicks have you now?  Maybe I'll get one of those dresses too where i see yours.  My iron worked O.K. I din't use a cupful quite, ironed 1 1/2 hr.  Goodby must get to work.  Love to you, Grace.



1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful note from a "chick-crazed" daughter!

    Located in north-central Iowa, Vining and Toledo are about 13-14 miles apart.

    It appears Grace May Abel Yilek was the daughter of David Abel and Estella Libby nee Miller. She married a George Yilak on 14 Aug 1912 in Toledo, Iowa.

    She is buried in King County, Washington.

    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=25459922

    ReplyDelete