Friday, July 27, 2012

Shoot Along Some Schcribblings, Mr. Merten, Colesburg, Iowa, 1912



[Postmarked] Great Bend, Kansas, Nov 15, 1912

[To]  Mr. J. F. Merten
Colesburg, Ia.


Dear Brother: - 

Well John I seen this card down town I laughed to myself when I seen it so thought I'd send it to you for  fun.  How are you anyway.  We are having nice weather here now, am so anxious to see you all.  We went to show last night.  There were 14 played in the orchestra last night and the pictures were fine.  
Good bye, your Sis,
Ella Hans [? or Hand, or Hano?]


1 comment:

  1. John F. and his sister Ella Ruth (b. 14 Sep 1887) lived in Colesburg, Iowa in 1900 and 1910.

    https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M9KZ-12K

    Ella must have married soon after 1910 US Census. Ancestry.com claims she married a Haug, but I can't find anything to support that.

    ReplyDelete